Gaze and Right Stuff

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Gaze and Right Stuff

Post by Arioso »

Short Puzzler we had in our tournament this weekend...

Is a gazed goblin allowed to roll the dice for landing when being thrown?

Right Stuff
When a player
with this skill is thrown or fumbled and ends up in an unoccupied square,
he must make a landing roll unless he landed on another player during
the throw
Hypnotic Gaze
If the Agility roll is successful, then the opposing player
loses his tackle zones and may not catch, intercept or pass the ball,
assist another player on a block or foul, or move voluntarily until the start
of his next Action or the drive ends
We think, that being thrown is no voluntary move so he must roll to land as it is written in the description of Right Stuff though it feels quite odd that he can land while dreaming of a vampire :D
Though we got an opinion from another player that when gazed the goblin can do simply nothing before doing something on its own, even if it is being thrown (which would be more...logical...i must admit)

If he is allowed to land, and lands successful - is he still being gazed after landing? (thats the thing that puzzled me most - i think yes but i am not sure)
Did we get it right?

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Gaze and Right Stuff

Post by Vanguard »

My feeling would be that he has to make a landing roll due to the 'must' phrasing in Right Stuff.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

He's not moving voluntarily, so yes he can make a landing roll. He is still gazed, but if its your turn he can be activated as normal.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

I think he must roll to land, although I like the idea of him not, or even putting up no struggle if the Troll attempts to eat him!

Although goblins are frustrating enough to play at the best of times, so its probably best if there are no instakills like that...

charlesanakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by charlesanakin »

Aliboon wrote:I think he must roll to land, although I like the idea of him not, or even putting up no struggle if the Troll attempts to eat him!

Although goblins are frustrating enough to play at the best of times, so its probably best if there are no instakills like that...
Yeah the Troll eating question is a good one. If he can not take any actions voluntarily that would prevent him from wriggling free from a hungry Troll.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wriggling is not an action.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:Wriggling is not an action.
Thank you Darkson ... I think I've just now recovered from laughing at that quote.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers