Journeyman

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jackolas
Experienced
Experienced

Journeyman

Post by Jackolas »

Do I have to take journeymen if star players bring my total above 11?

Who gets hired first journeymen or stars?

I'm at 10 players for my next game but can afford 2 stars if I calculate inducements from my 10 player roster. Is this legal? I have always thought journeymen ate hired during the indictment purchasing stages?

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Journeyman

Post by DoubleSkulls »

The only time you have to have 11 is when creating the team. There is nothing that forces you to take Journeymen if you don't want them.

Journeymen are actually hired in the post match sequence, not pre-match.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just a note that if this is for Cyanide's version, it does it wrong, and forces enough Journeymen on to you to make your team to 11, and will do so in the pre-match, before working out the inducements total.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jackolas
Experienced
Experienced

Journeyman

Post by Jackolas »

Awesome, thanks guys :)

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

But if they're hired during the postmatch sequence, doesn't that mean you have to decide about hiring the journeyman before finding out how much inducement money you're getting?

I prefer it the way you're describing, but it doesn't seem correct.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You're not meant to know how much inducements you're getting - remember the rules are designed for open leagues where there are challenges, not fixed schedules.
So your TV1200 team finishes a gae with 10 players, you decide if you want the journeyman or not, but you're not meant to know if the team you're facing is TV1000 or TV2000.

But as with all rules, the Commish can house-rule that they get chosen in pre-game (which we did when we ran a scheduled league).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Gaixo wrote:But if they're hired during the postmatch sequence, doesn't that mean you have to decide about hiring the journeyman before finding out how much inducement money you're getting?
Yes it does, and that was very deliberate to try and reduce the benefit you get from them as you can't fine tune your inducements as much.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams